Monday, September 6

Daily Readings

iconI used to see the little devotional book Portals of Prayer on the bathroom counter and would slightly think down on the short little reading they would stick at the beginning. I really wanted to read a big chunk of the bible if I read the bible. That tended to result in me not reading the bible daily, but also, now that I am doing a reading I have noticed another side effect. The series I am doing has a Psalm, an Old Testament, and a New Testament reading, and it really gets around the Old Testament. When I began doing these readings, I had trouble finding the minor prophets, and some of the Epistles. Now I am getting more proficient at finding things in the bible.

I recommend finding a series that includes a Psalm, OT and NT reading and giving it a go.