Thursday, August 19

New Harddrive

techI just got my new LaCie 250 GB HD to replace my Maxtor that literally burnt out... came in one day and the thing was too hot to touch (and I can touch pretty hot things) Ever since then, the drive has been pretty shady, losing whole files and stuff...

Well, I goofed and accidently ordered a USB only drive, thinking it was a USB/Firewire drive. I don't have 2.0, so this thing is slower than Keanu Reeves on the uptake... (yes, that took me about a minute to come up with...)

I have begun naming my drives after famous horses... Bucephallus, Bellepheron, War Emblem, Rozinante... this one is Man o' War for now, but if anyone can think of a horse that was touted to be the best, and ended up with an embarassing loss (for a race horse) or getting its rider killed (for a war horse) I'd like to name this one after it...

I will have to try to save up and upgrade my computer (I'm only one generation out of having USB 2.0) or talk someone into inventing a USB to Firewire converter...