Thursday, August 19

iDisk stoppage

icon My iDisk has stopped working completely, and in so doing has brought to the forefront of my mind one of the annoying things I find in using OS X.

All the time I click on a button, or select a menu, and get no feedback at all. I have to wait 10 minutes to figure out if the command I selected is just taking a while, or if NOTHING FREAKING HAPPPENED. Sorry.

This morning I have selected Finder>Go>iDisk>My iDisk about 20 times... I haven't been connected to my iDisk, and I haven't been told there was an error. Very frustrating.

I selected "Sync Now" in the contextual menu (wait a second... I thought the Human Interface Guidelines said that no contextual menu item should only be in the contextual menu... guess we just skipped that one Apple) about 10 times, and have received 2 error messages. Does that mean there are 8 processes trying to select that haven't run into an error yet, or is this just a stupid bug?

Once my iDisk is back up, that little blue question mark, or red x or "image not loaded" symbol at the top should load... until then... **Thumbs Down Apple**