Tuesday, August 26

New Mouse

I was using a great, cheap, small, two-button, scroll-wheel equipped, mouse that I bought for 20 bucks at staples a year ago. But it started getting funky... not tracking for a while, and turning off while I was trying to use it. So I broke down and bought a new mouse (using Staples a rewards coupon... (I'm suposed to hate staples, because the Lakers play in the staples center but the staples in Stephenville Texas is above top notch. And they give my Mom all sorts of discounts because she shops there all the time (she runs her publishing company out of her home, and the staples copy center))))))))) (or however many I need)

The Mouse (yeah talking about a mouse) was a Logitech Click! mouse.

It is awesome... It tracks on stuff my old mouse would choke on on the best of days (solid black... reflective green (from a population sign)... other assorted stuff) and has adjustable buttons. The right mouse button isn't automatically ctrl-click which is weird... and the scroll wheel takes some adjusting to get how I like it. Also there is this fourth button that is pretty useless as it is (I could write some apple scripts for it, but that would require me to learn applescript.) The application switching function that it defaults to is kinda buggy... It shifts around seemingly at random, so it is a crap shoot wether you will land on the one you want (you'd think it would rotate through in order kinda like it says it will) Right now I have it set to mute... It can do brightness, but only in one direction so that is useless... I think it can also log you out, but I don't do that much (now if it was a SUPER log out that preempted every process and immediately took you to the login screen that would be worth something... but as far as I know it isn't)

There... if you can make your way through the petty ramblings, and juvenile mish-mash... you get a possum