Tuesday, August 26

Woo... HOoo!!!

I just used my CD burner and Toast Titanium to rescue a broken CD.

My Civ II CD wasn't working... a nasty scratch in the space where the writing is, between the clear part and the write surface (on the inside... the hole side) That doesn't even make sense to me... well it kinda does, but I wrote it... Just think really hard and it will come clear... looking at a CD will help...

Anyway... the CivII CD would mount, but the data part wouldn't... I just got music. So I made a copy in Toast, and it seems to work (the data part mounts... I haven't tried installing, but I bet it works since the scratch is limited to the non-write surface)

By the way Civ II is way better than Civ III... I wish Civ III wasn't as slow as .... something slow, but it is, so therefore it sucks... even people on "BLAZING FAST ALIEN-FREAKING-WARE" PC's have said it sucks cuz it's slow, so don't dog the Mac... Who needs graphics... it is Civ... take the graphics and throw them off a cliff... And do something to make the computers move faster after 100AD... Civ multiplayer is faster.

So it is Civ II in classic mode for me... now if I could just get Word 5.1 to work :)