Friday, August 15

Why I like Pay Pal

I use PayPal in conjunction with my bank account even though I don't do much eBaying. Here are the benefits:

  • Check Card (free)

  • Money Market Account (free) (right now earning about 1.09% on my PayPal Balance... It is like a CD with no specified length... when the money is there you earn money on it, when you want to use it you can.)

  • Easily and securely pay money to many online stores. Without worrying about if they take Dollars or Euros or Yen.

  • Easily and securely receive payments (or donations)

  • Fraud Protection.



  • The only drawback I see is that it is not FDIC insured... so the Money Market (if you sign up for it) can lose money...

    If you want to sign up, Get $5 and get me $5 also. The catch is you have to finish 5 steps to get the $5... The hard ones are transferring $250 from your bank account, and deciding you do want to sign up for the Money Market Account. But if you do, you get $5, and so do I (only if you use the link above :-) )