Thursday, August 7

Business Idea

So, I'm thinking of trying to make some extra money to pay off my camera and computer. Tell me what you think of this deal. (This springs from a visit to This ProEx Photos immediately after working hard on scanning and fixing a bunch of old family photos for an event our family had.)

"You send me your old family photos, I scan them and send you a CD with the photos" (plus your photos of course)

For pricing I was thinking:

Basic-- Pictures scanned in and saved as TIFF files on a CD. No editing. $100 per master + 10 cents a picture. (regular pictures are about 2-3 MB in TIFF format so around 300 pics a CD)

Cheeper-- Pictures scanned in and saved as JPEG files on a CD. No editing. $100 per master + 25 cents a picture. (Many more pictures... I am not sure the total number, but closer to 1000 than 300)

What do y'all think of this pricing?

How much should I charge for fixing up a picture? (that ProEx above is exorbitant... starting at 50 bucks for a single picture...)

I could run the pictures through a auto fix up pretty easily and that makes them look about 100% better (old ones)...

People would pay through paypal...

Should I charge for shipping?

Last Question: Anyone interested?