Wednesday, August 6

Good Idea...

**an aside... I have pretty inane titles, because my RSS (which is free) doesn't include the title, just the first 5-7 words...**

The Dallas Stars are starting a Junior Hockey League that only costs $99 bucks for all the equipment, ice time, coaching etc.

I'd do it, if I lived near Dallas, were young enough, and uhh... can't think of a third reason to finish the list... but 2 is enough to end it :)

My favorite quote is:

We really want to drop that notion that hockey is a white-collar, elitist sport. --Kent Holmes, Executive Director of Hockey Programs at the Dr Pepper StarCenters.

Yeah, considering that it has the lowest paid pros of all the sports (or pretty low... I don't know about american soccer... and arena football doesn't count, or woman's basketball*)

*hey, have a problem with that? leave a comment ;)