Thursday, March 31

Python

techI've added 2 new things to my "Do everyday" list:

1. Read one epistle a day, selecting from:

  • Galatians

  • Ephesians

  • Philipians

  • Colosians

  • 1st Thessalonians

  • 2nd Thessalonians

  • 1st Timothy

  • 2nd Timothy

  • Titus

  • Philemon

  • James

  • 1st Peter

  • 2nd Peter

  • 1st John



That's 14 Epistles... once through the cycle every 2 weeks. I picked these because they are relatively short. I still try to leave some time for unplanned reading, so I don't feel have to try to get to some "finished" state when I am reading, but for this, I want to get much more familiar with these books soon.

2.Also, I'm learning a little Python. It is a programing language that seems relatively easy, and has a way (PyObjC) to integrate with Apple's Cocoa.

I've worked on learning programming languages before, but the only one I've really stuck to was TI Basic which isn't object-oriented, or any other cool buzzwords (and it only runs on Texas Instruments calculators.)

I'm working through an 80-page .pdf that I got off of the Python site(Python for Non-Programers, and I'm on page 18. After that book is under my belt, I'll kick over to one my bro sent me that is 800 pages Dive into Python.