Friday, March 18

Poetry

meI don't know how many of you know this, but I don't really understand poetry... and by poetry, I mean poems... So I decided to write a poem to try to get into the head of a poet... See, I can imagine someone seeing something beautiful and thinking "I'm gonna take/paint a picture of that" or someone sitting down and thinking "I'm going to write a beautiful piece of music" but not "I'm going to write a poem" so here they (I wrote 2) are:

I. Deconstruct This! (That's the title...)

He danced upon the flowers of the sky.
And sang a sad swan song of sweet sorrow.
With tangible reverence to the night,
A quick, slip-shod council of nature,
Commenced to their business of doom.

Along for the ride, ran round the staves,
Came breathless, bride to be.
Ample opportunity to allow organization
Was given gladly by nature's cabal.

But no rescue was to be,
The man of men would not flee,
His punishment would destroy the sea,
Down among the small fishes.


II. Amazing Feats of Carlton Thrask

Down to the marketplace, yesterday he ran,
allowing orthogonal trysts to fly.
Travail and effort given life;
Methuselah sat to sing twice-long.

Among the crowd of cauliflower
planted the evil crown's fore-brow
the man-upon black and launched
a wave of sorrow o'er the sea.

Bent flint flicked forcibly upon
the ragged crew of orange vultures;
And gangly-armed muppet men worked
about the ghastly gorges.

Windy conversations of deep-throated rocks
beset whenever the man would sing
about most any topic or thing;
And n'er was disorder among his socks.

The Albino Elephant of Angle Rock
ran to and fro among the ships;
Able to swim as easily as chalk
And eat hors d'evours with all the dips.

Crackling cackling crazy cars
drive up the lazy highways,
causing countless cans of oil
sold down on the byways.

Carlton Thrask, n'er basket met
could hold him underwater;
And so he flew, deep underground
to stop... once he saw her.


I know it is really bad... but this is how all poetry looks to me... except, I'm not able to create lines that don't signify anything... I could present these poems I've written in a series of pictures... Most poetry lines don't actually signify anything to me...

Oh well...