Friday, July 16

Money Stuff

I am in San Antonio, helping my mom take care of my grandmother after Dental surgery, and trying to sell her '87 Lincoln Town Car check out the ad. Grandmama offered me half of the final sell, so I'm pretty excited. Thinking of all that money made me look around on the internet to see what I want to buy. This is what I ended up with:

New Laptop:
Apple 15" 1.5 GHz 128MB VRAM 1GB RAM 80GB HD w/Apple Care and 17" External Monitor...

$4046 (That's from Apple, probably get it for about the same price other places, but with some extra stuff... free printers and stuff, and apple would add sales tax... $330 in Texas...)

New (to me) Car:
1990 Volvo 740 GLE Wagon 184K miles, Anti-Lock Brakes; Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; Cruise Control; Rear Window Defroster; Leather Seats; Power Door Locks; Power Mirrors; Power Windows; Power Steering; Sunroof/Moonroof; Tinted Glass;

$3397(from some dealer in Pennsylvania, it is a 4 cylinder, which is wussy for a wagon, but it has a manual transmission, which I really want, and kinda makes up for the four-banger (does volvo make 6 or 8 cylinder?) )

New Camera:
Cannon Power Shot Pro 1 (8MP, chose this over the Digital Rebel, because it is cheeper, and has higher res (I really want one of the medium format 14+MP cameras, those are like $5grand)

$784.98 (Plus some more, because I'd need to get a new memory card... lets say a 4GB microdrive... $369, total= 1113.98)

so that would set me back:

$8596.98... (way more than I'm gonna get for selling the car... but hey, maybe there is a crazy millionare who reads my blog and would cut a 10K check, just for the fun of it? :) )

Isn't it weird that I would spend almost 1,000 dollars more on my laptop than my car?
My next post will be "what would I get If money wasn't an issue" (think laptop, AND desktop, NEW car, one of those fancy shmancy cameras...)