Sunday, October 26

some thoughts

1. Got Jaguar... love it (especially Exposé) Exposé lets me shrink all the open windows so they fit on the screen at once, and select which one I want to come to the front... or move all the windows out of the way so I can work on the desktop... ( you just have to use it to really get what is so cool about it)

LaunchBar works better with Panther (and there was not even a post panther update (yet)) command-space and then the first couple of letters typed in, and I can launch any program, open any file (music, word-processing, anything), go to any bookmark in my web-brower(s it copies bookmarks from any browser I use.) Very nice program... I will never stop using it.

2. went on a camp-out this weekend, and took some pictures (my fotolog) but had some problems with my computer:

It was really cold all night. In the morning I took some pictures of the sunrise, then got out my laptop to download the pics. It was working fine, but just before telling Image Capture to start getting the pictures, my computer fell asleep. I couldn't get it to wake up, but I found out that the battery was almost dead (so it was sleeping so that it wouldn't lose all the stuff loaded in RAM.) I guess it was just the cold, because now it is ok. When I got the computer plugged in, the camera wouldn't connect through USB... But now I rebooted and it is working ok.

3. there is no 3! there is no 3!!!! he he