Sunday, July 13

Howard Dean

So I hear about this guy Howard Dean... (while reading Jordan Cooper's Blog) Presidential hopeful and all. He makes some good points, but here is some stuff to remember...

He was governor of Vermont... He talks about how he did this and that in Vermont. Guaranteed health care to every child while lowering taxes (twice.) Exciting... But Vermont and The United states are very big steps apart... Being from Texas, I would say that Gov. of Texas to president of U.S. is probably a step down in responsibility (at least with my tongue in my cheek.)

But anyway... Just so you know Dean is:

Pro Abortion (Choice, Death whatever you want to call it.)

I have been a strong supporter of a woman’s right to reproductive freedom my entire life.  I believe that the right to privacy is enshrined in the Constitution, and as President I would do everything in my power to preserve that right.

Pro Affirmative Action
I am delighted that the Supreme Court has upheld the principle of affirmative action in education.

He supports Gay And Lesbian Unions...
I’m proud to say that as Governor of Vermont, I signed legislation to grant gay and lesbian couples the right to enter into civil unions.


Those are just some of his policies I disagree with. Check out this page to find out where he stands "on the issues"