Friday, July 11

iTunes Backup... iPhoto too?

Well, I figured out a way to easily keep the songs I don't listen to that much on my external HD...

1. I copy over all of my music to the hard drive (20+ GB)

2. Turn off "Copy music to iTunes Music Folder when adding music"*

3. Delete from iTunes all the music I don't want with me all the time from within iTunes

4. Add all the tracks I deleted back to iTunes

Step 4 is going to be tricky... Can I just import all of the music into iTunes from the External HD, or will that result in duplicates?

Now what I want is an easy way to do this with iPhoto...
This would be easy if I could make a "smart playlists" thing for iPhoto... I want an album that contains all the pictures that aren't in albums... I could then just export this album to my HD, then delete all the pictures in that album (then empty iPhoto's trash)

Most of the difficulty I am having is because I am trying to do this right in the middle... Maybe when I update to Panther, I'll be able to start over and do this all real easy like...

*Not the exact wording, but you get the idea

What do you think?