Sunday, May 1

No Car (Yet)

meWell, yesterday was a pretty long day. I went to pick up my car in northern NJ (took about 5 hours to get there because a moving truck burnt down on I-95). I drove it around the block and payed and signed the title. But then as I was driving off, I got to the last intersection before I got back on major highways and the car stalled out. luckily I was right beside a shell station with a mechanic. He checked the car out and told me there was no coolant in the car and it was overheating. I called my Uncle Tom (family mechanical genius) to figure out what I should do. As I was trying to drive the car back (after about 30 minutes for lunch, and to allow it to cool off,) I couldn't even get it to back out of a parking spot (it was slightly uphill) so I drove back to see if I could get a refund. The people who sold it to me decided to go ahead and relist it since I was so far away. I think the mechanical problem was repairable (I think it was a leak in the coolant system, but it had to be a pretty big leak.) So I'm looking for newer cars that are closer to Annapolis...