Tuesday, February 3

Got iLife today...

I am importing all my pictures into iphoto (around 5000ish) It is supposed to be fast... lets see what this baby can do. I like the ideas of smart playlists, and rankings and stuff... the problem is there is no CDDB which i can download metadata for my pictures from. That is mostly because I took all the pictures, but still... It will take me about 5 or 6 months to get all the tags filled out.

I am excited about messing around with Garage Band... but I have a paper to write, and Kant to read, so that must come later.

I was disappointed to see that Apple fell into the tendency to name software after a year (iLife '04, Macromedia Studio MX 2004, Office 2004 (formerly Office v.X on the Mac, actually presently v.X, 2004 hasn't arrived yet)) Bad idea... For reasons I would love to expostulate on in the comments, in response to any questions you have... (but you probably won't because it is so obviously a bad idea :-P)