Thursday, July 10

Ode to LaunchBar

LaunchBar is an application that I want everyont to try if they use OS X. This is a very un-mac like app that makes it very easy to launch applications. I just hit command-space and start typing a couple letters of any application I want, and when it is the top application in the list hit return/enter. I say application, but I really mean just about anything... MP3's (and AAC's), Documents, hyperlinks... After 5 minutes of set-up to tell the application where I keep my Documents/Applications/etc it is set. Every time I log-in it automatically indexes all the locations I set up. This keeps my desktop and dock less cluttered, because I don't need to put lots of apps either place.

I am going to try to get some little icons to put at the beginning of my posts so that you can tell what the post is going to be about... kinda like slashdot (for example this post would have a little Aqua looking X by it so you know I am going to go off about Mac OS X)